DriverUpdate™'s purpose is to provide easy, one-click access to all of the latest drivers for your computer. This saves you time and prevents the possibility of installing an incorrect system driver, which could potentially cause a system crash. All drivers offered by DriverUpdate™ may be available free of charge from manufacturer websites. DriverUpdate™ costs $29.97 for a one-year license, which enables you to download any missing or out of date drivers DriverUpdate™ finds.
What is an Audio Device Driver?
You may not think about audio device drivers but when you click that video and hear the script, slip a CD into the drive for musical rejuvenation or receive an audible notification, your computer’s audio drivers are at work.
An audio driver is basically a computer program that provides an interface between higher-level programs and hardware components such as CD/DVD/Blu Ray Disc players, speakers, microphones and more. It communicates through the computer bus, which you can think of as a meeting room at your workplace. This is where everyone meets up to share information about ongoing projects and receive detailed instructions from the management on how to move forward. In the case of your system audio driver, the commands come from higher-level programs. The higher-level program invokes a routine to fit its requirements and the audio drivers then command the hardware device to perform the work.
Some audio hardware devices can be operated with a universal driver but typically, they are hardware dependent and perform correctly only in the specified operating system. Much like the instructions you receive at work, they aren’t applicable or understood by others who aren’t employed in the same environment.
What can go wrong with my Audio Device Drivers?
Audio drivers aren’t often the source of system errors but if they are not functioning properly, it’s most likely due to one of the following factors:
- The audio driver has become outdated resulting in conflicts with hardware (new speaker, CD/DVD drive, etc) or software programs such as media players, web applications, video games and other audio dependent programs.
- The user has installed an update to their operating system (especially Windows 7 and forward), which results in an outdated driver that won’t perform properly, if at all.
- The audio driver has been damaged, is missing files or has been corrupted by a malicious script or bug encountered through e-mail, web browsing or a breach of system security.
How can I fix problems with my Audio Device Driver?
The majority of audio driver issues will come from the fact that somehow the driver routines have become outdated. On a Windows system you can update your driver by following theses steps:
- Click Start/Control Panel/ System.
- Click the Hardware tab, and then Device Manager.
- Click Sound, video, and game controllers – Under this section, select your sound card and then the Driver tab.
- Click Update Driver Software.
- Follow the instructions from the Update Driver Software Wizard to update your sound card driver.
If you cannot update your driver with this procedure or are racked with anxiety at changing system files, let us do the work for you. DriverUpdate™ can automatically detect your devices and drivers to perform the updating procedure for you.
|Operating System: Windows® XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
Release Date: 10/16/2012
Download Size / Time:
1MB / 1 Min on Broadband
|About Driver Update:
DriverUpdate™'s purpose is to provide easy, one-click access to all of the latest drivers for your computer. This saves you time and prevents the possibility of installing an incorrect system driver, which could potentially cause a system crash. All drivers offered by DriverUpdate™ are available free of charge from manufacturer websites. DriverUpdate™ costs $29.97 for a one-year license, which enables you to download the missing or out of date drivers it finds.
- Display Drivers
- Audio & Sound
- Graphics & Video Adapters
- Modems & Network Adapters
- Video & TV Tuners
- Input Devices
- Digital Cameras
- Wireless Internet
- Optical Disk Drives
- SCSI & SATA Devices
- External Hard Drives
- Motherboard Chipsets
- Other Devices
DriverUpdate™ determines the drivers your system needs and downloads them in the correct order to ensure compatibility and maintain performance. DriverUpdate™'s award-winning cloud technology easily updates multiple PC drivers simultaneously & in proper order. Drivers may also be available for free from manufacturer's websites. DriverUpdate™ is $29.97 for a one-year license.
||Designed for Windows XP, VISTA & 7